Welcome to our TEYL course! Teaching English to Young Learners in France is by far the fastest growing area in English teaching here, and there is a huge demand in France for qualified teachers. See here for one ex trainee’s experiences teaching kids in Toulouse.
This one week, 18 hour, classroom based course can be taken as an add-on week to our Certificate in TEFL course (see dates below). The TEYL course is open to anyone who has our TEFL Toulouse qualification or equivalent and runs from 9.30 to 1pm or from 2 to 5.30pm daily, at our training centre.
Successful trainees are awarded the TEFL Toulouse Certificate in Teaching Young Learners (Cert. TEYL).
Scroll down this page for the application form
TEYL Course content
- Classroom management for young learners and teenagers
- How children learn
- Teaching vocabulary to children
- Planning lessons for childrem
- Songs, chants and games
- Peer teaching practice of the main areas above
The course mainly focuses on the “up to 10” age group, although classroom management for teenagers is also included.
Fees and how to pay
The course costs 400 euros, but only 300 if booked along with your TEFL course
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to book your place with a 50 euro deposit or just mention the course at the end of the application form
Upcoming TEYL course dates 2019
November 11 to 15
- Participants will need to provide us with a “casier judiciaire” criminal background check some days before the course begins – easy to do online here
Apply for the TEYL course