15 reasons why you should choose the South of France for your TEFL course:
- The weather here in Toulouse is close to perfect. Extremely warm and dry in the summer, often sunny and bright in the winter.
- Atlantic , Mediterranean or Pyrenees mountains ? Toulouse is just a few hours drive from all three. Surfing, walking and sunbathing…
- The English teaching profession is still fairly young in France – unlike in Spain for example, where the market is quite saturated and wages are down
- Gain teaching practice teaching real French people. Generally very kind and polite , the perfect people to practice your teaching on!
- Everyone wants to meet you in Toulouse. It’s true – the moment your “accent anglais” is detected, you’ll be fighting them off!
- The food. Remember France is the world’s food reference point. And it isn’t expensive, especially if you shop at Street markets
- The local wine .You can get a great bottle for under 5 euros! Bordeaux is just 2 hours on the train, but local wines (Gaillac, Saint Mont, Corbieres..) are all good.
- The local restaurants – 3 course lunch for 10 to 15 euros anyone?
- The kids. Impeccably behaved and dressed most of the time!
- Cheap and efficient public transport – you can get from Toulouse to Bordeaux, Biarritz, Montpellier and Spain all in a few hours by Bus or train
- The countryside. France is a rural country, and the villages are to die for!
- Cheap rents Rents in Toulouse. If you are used to Sydney, London, Paris or San Fran rents, you can divide those figures by at least 3 if not more
- Doing your TEFL course and getting certified locally is a great way to get integrated into a country without needing French qualifications
- It’s safe. No guns in Europe, and violence is much lower than in many western countries
- Low cost flights to and from Toulouse
… so who tends to do our course?
Here are some typical TEFL Toulouse trainee profiles – and some reasons to join them:
Retired in France, looking for some extra income
Many of our trainees have a gite in South West France and would like to make a bit more money by offering English lessons or residential weekends / weeks there.
Graduate of French – can’t get a job in France without French qualifications
The course is also perfect for graduates of French, who can’t get work in France due to not having French qualifications. Isn’t it infuriating to be asked to get French qualifications in something you are already an expert at? Getting TEFL certified with us means you can integrate seamlessly into French life without having to retrain. The fact that our TEFL course is in France means that by the end of the course you already have local friends and are well on the way to being integrated into local life, without having to do a thing!
Disillusioned UK schoolteacher looking for a new career abroad
Fed up with discipline problems, paperwork, OFSTED and government priorities all wrong in teaching? How about an easy career change to teaching English in France? Jonathan the director of TEFL Toulouse is an ex UK schoolteacher himself! Our Certificate in TEFL is a qualification to use in different countries, for the rest of your life.
Sick of Brexit and want to start a new life abroad
Most Brits who do our course feel the same way. Join them – and us – here in Toulouse to begin your new worldwide adventure!
Canadian, Australian, New Zealander… wondering what to do with their working holiday visa for France
Stuck in a job in sales, want a new life in France
A surprising number of ex trainees worked in sales before! Are you looking for a more rewarding life than looking at a computer screen all day?A typical story we read on our application form is someone who wants to retrain for a more fulfilling career, someone who has been stuck in a dead end job in the UK or elsewhere.
French person coming back to France after years living in UK or US
… your English is excellent and being outgoing, friendly and bilingual you’d now make an excellent teacher. Language schools love having bilingual teachers who can attend meetings and are likely to settle locally and be reliable!
Just want to do an accredited TEFL course in Europe, then teach around the world
Another typical trainee is the person who loves France but doesn’t really know Toulouse and South West France and wants to do a TEFL course to go and teach in China or around the world. They have done their sums and realised that because of our well priced accommodation (only about 500 euros a month or even less), and easy flights to Toulouse, they can come here and get qualified in sunny Toulouse, instead of battling it out in a capital city. Clever people!