Welcome to our TEYL course! Teaching English to young learners is by far the fastest growing area in English teaching, and there is huge demand worldwide for qualified teachers.
This one week, 18 hour, classroom based course is an add-on to our Certificate in TEFL course, and takes place the week after every TEFL course ends (see dates below). The course is open to anyone who has a CELTA or equivalent TEFL qualification and runs from 9.30 to 1pm or from 2 to 5.30pm daily, at our training centre.
Successful trainees are awarded the TEFL Toulouse Certificate in Teaching Young Learners (TEYL).
TEYL Course content
- Classroom management for young learners and teenagers
- How children learn
- Teaching vocabulary
- Planning lessons
- Songs, chants and games
- Observation of a YL class
- Micro teaching practice for the main areas above
The course mainly focuses on the 5 to 10 age group, although classroom management for teenagers is also included.
The course costs 350euros for TEFL Toulouse trainees, and 400euros for holders of other TEFL certificates.
How to pay
We need a 100 euro deposit 3 weeks before the course begins, then the remainder needs to be paid 7 days before the course begins.
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve your place.
TEYL Course dates 2019
February 4 to 8
March 18 to 22
June 10 to 14
September 2 to 6
November 11 to 15
- Participants cannot begin the course until the payment for the whole course has been made
- If a participant cancels the course there is no reimbursement of the 100e deposit.
- If we cancel the course or withdraw your acceptance we will reimburse all fees paid to us
- No money can be refunded for missed lessons
- Participants will need to provide us with a criminal background check (easy to do online and we show you how)
- Course payment and attendance does not guarantee certification